Monday, January 4, 2010

Ready? Set? Noooo!

Packing for myself has never been easy, but at least I can narrow things down and shop once for the things I need.  Kids are another story altogether.  Why do they have to grow two weeks before it's time to go?  Today I was sure we were done, but nooooo.  Dorothea informs me as I am trying to help her select underwear that 90% don't fit.  Why she couldn't say something a week ago when I was about to go to Target and was discussing things that didn't fit, I don't know.  So, I went out, scored some undies and a few other tidbits.  We packed all the kids things and I go to pull Corwyn's brown sweater out, the one she was planning to wear on the flight over, and I notice as I'm folding it that it's a size L. L.... I just had to buy all new tops because she just became an XL.  So now I have to waste MORE time finding a brown sweater.  I always thought learning was fun and easy, but this lesson does not seem to be penetrating and it is being taught the hard way.  All the time I expected to be packing got eaten up shopping, and now the time for cleaning is being spent packing.  If Bob would let me, I'd hire the Merry Maids to come clean so I wouldn't have to.  So now I must go back to it.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment